Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lesson Five - You Have Begun!

Lesson Five - You Have Begun!

Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, the actual game! You begin with a small chapter on your humble beginnings. I actually suggest you read through this as a large portion of Dwarf Fortress's beauty is hidden in the text!



Next you are presented with the game screen!



So your finally in-game. Now as I promised in my first post I'm not going to teach you how to play the game. There are plenty of tutorials online for you to watch read in order to take the next step. 

I suggest you start with the tutorials by FogeyGaming. The following link will lead straight from where we just left off. 

Fogey Gaming Tutorial

There are plenty of fantastic free resources and most people will be happy with those. I do however recommend the following book. It's $15.99 for the EBook but in my opinion it was completely worth the buy. It steps through many aspects of the game in complete detail and to this day I use it as a reference guide when playing


So now it's time to start learning about the various utilities that are available to make playing this game easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment